A simple, straightforward way System Owners or Administrators can replace an IP camera with just a few clicks of the mouse. The ability to replace an IP camera provides time-saving convenience, ease of installation, reduced disruption, cost-effectiveness, and remote management capabilities. These advantages contribute to a more efficient and effective management of Wave VMS, empowering system administrators to maintain optimal surveillance coverage.
- Name, archive, general and advanced settings, recording settings, PTZ settings, event rules, analytics and camera access rights will be transferred to a new camera.
- Motion Detection settings, 2-way Audio will not be transferred
- The current archive from the old camera will still be accessible
- The camera must be on the same Server
- This action can be undone
How replacement works:
A fast, easy way to swap out a camera
- In the Resource Panel, right click on the camera you would like to replace and choose Replace Camera
- In the Camera Replacement dialog, review what data will be transferred and choose Next
Camera replacement is not supported for: Virtual cameras, Speakers, NVRs, IO modules, Multi-sensor cameras, Unauthorized cameras or offline cameras that appear after reindexing the archive.